Wednesday, June 19, 2019

JASI: 31 Years Young

As I write this blog, the clock strikes midnight. My house is quiet. My children are sleeping without a care in the world. It is officially June 19, 2019, my 31st birthday. As I write this blog, on my 31st birthday, I cry uncontrollably. I cry because Chapter 30 has been the hardest thus far and I made it by the grace of God. His grace is indeed sufficient. 
At 30,
I was diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety and PTSD
I started writing 
I became a single mom to 3
I became a divorcee
I relocated my home for the well-being of my children 
I thought I would lose my Mom when she was diagnosed with breast cancer but she kicked cancers ass in less than a year
I took a break from corporate America to heal mentally and emotionally 
I invested and rebranded my glam business from Jay C Makeup Artistry to Jasi Glams Me
I gained business 
I lost business
I gained more business
I expanded my blog
I was featured in three magazines
I devoted more time to my children
I traveled with my children and created new memories
I started to live my life the way I wanted to without being concerned about the opinions of others
I maintained a solid Sister Circle
I learned every action doesn’t deserve a reaction (Disclaimer: The Lord is still working on me so don’t try me)
I was featured in my very first podcast interview
I returned to corporate America 
I built a solid network of business relationships
I began writing my very first manuscript 

Chapter 30 was monumental. I thank God for everyone in my life. The number 30 means enlightenment followed by age 31 which means HOPE and the year of manifestation. At 30, I carried many burdens alone, not because I had to, but because I needed to in order to grow. At 30, I fell in love. At 30, I evolved from Jasmin into Jasi. I am Jasi, 31 years young. 


No comments:

Post a Comment